Effective date: July 8, 2016
Information You Provide Us
In several areas, we ask you to provide information by filling out and submitting an online form.
- Checkout: We ask for your name, address and contact information so we can send you your order, and so we can contact you if we have a question about your order. We ask for credit card information so we can fulfill your order, and so we can provide this information to the company or companies who process your credit card payment.
- Your Account: When you create an account, we ask for certain information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, birth date and a user name and password. We use this information to fulfill your orders, to contact you about your orders and about the Service and matters we think may be of interest to you.
- Newsletter: We ask you to provide a name, email address and profile information. We use this information only to fulfill your request and, in the case of profile information, to help make sure we're sending you the type of email updates and catalogs you want to receive.
- Gift Orders, Gift Cards and Gift Messages: We ask you to provide contact information for the gift recipient, such a name, address and telephone number, so that we can fulfill your gift order. We do not share or sell this information about gift recipients, however we may send them offers for the Service. Gift Card and Gift Message options allow you to send a personal greeting with your gift order. We make no use of the information contained in these greetings except to complete your order as you have requested.
- Tell a Friend: We offer users the ability to tell a friend about our Site. if you use this service, we will ask you for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting the friend the Site. Uncorked does not store this information.
- E-mail: After you place an order on the Site, you will receive an email confirmation and, in most cases, an email with package tracking information. We send our Newsletter, our email update on sales, products and wine information, to subscribers only. Unsubscribe instructions are included in each edition of the email. To remove your name from our email list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and with the words 'Remove from email list' in the subject line.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Uncorked may also collect information during your visit to the Site through information gathering tools and technologies (including browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies). These tools may collect information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address, click stream behavior (i.e. the pages you view, the links you click), and other actions you take in connection with the Site. We may also use some of these information-gathering tools in connection with certain Uncorked emails and therefore may collect information using these tools when you open the email or click on a link contained in the email.
We may use “session” cookies and other tracking technologies to store preferences you select during each session in which you visit the Site. These cookies are pieces of information sent by the Site to your browser and are stored on your computer's hard drive until you close your browser. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on the Site.
In addition, like many websites, we use log files to keep track of overall website information and to improve the Site. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track how users use the Site, and gather broad demographic information.
Updating Your Information
In order to provide the Service, we need to have accurate and current information about you. If a user's personally identifiable information changes (such as your shipping or billing address, your preferred credit card, etc.), you should add new information or delete any outdated addresses or credit cards from the user's account at the Manage Your Account page of the Site. You may also call our customer service number 888-386-4459 to speak to a customer service representative about correcting your account information.
Information We Share
We will not release, sell, barter, or trade any individual or personal information you provide to us to any entities or individuals outside of Uncorked.com or authorized Terlato partners and resellers, except in aggregate (anonymous) form. When information is provided in aggregate form, all identifiers are stripped out first. We may share personal information of our users with third party service providers and suppliers who assist us in providing the Service to you (such a shipping companies, hosting provider, and credit card processing companies) and with government regulators with jurisdiction over the sale and distribution of alcohol. The providers and suppliers agree to use the information only to perform the service for us or as otherwise required by law. We may share your information in order to (i) protect or defend the legal rights or property of Uncorked or of our affiliates, our business partners, employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of users of the Service or of the public, including acting in urgent circumstances; (iii) protect against fraud or risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with the law (including compliance with government regulators with jurisdiction over the sale and distribution of alcohol) or legal process. We may also share your personal information in connection with a merger between Uncorked and another entity or sale of all or part of the Uncorked business.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit the Site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to our Site and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/.
Uncorked.com will not release, sell, barter, or trade any individual or personal information you provide to us to any entities or individuals outside of Uncorked.com or authorized Terlato partners and resellers, except in aggregate (anonymous) form. When information is provided in aggregate form, all identifiers are stripped out first. Certain affiliates, as a condition of transacting the business of Uncorked.com, will be provided with user information if necessary.
Users may post reviews on the Site. If you choose to do so, any personal information that you include in those posts will be publicly displayed to other users of the Site.
For both privacy and security purposes, all transactional information communicated between users and our Site is transmitted in an encrypted format.
The Site and Service are directed to adults ages 21 or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
Questions or Comments
Please contact us with questions, comments or assistance with any privacy-related issues, we invite you to email us at email@example.com.
California Privacy Rights
Users who are California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for purposes of their direct marketing. If you want to make this request, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org